"This is a day of new beginnings,
time to remember and move on,
time to believe what love is bringing,
laying to rest the pain that's gone."
-Brian Wren
Greetings, and welcome to this blog! I and my church family are starting today on a new journey, and I plan to chronicle this time of transition here.
Let me explain. This morning was our last worship service in our church building of 102 years. At the end of our service, we moved across the street to the Christian Family Life Center, where we will be holding worship for, if everything goes according to plan, approximately ten months. During this time, our current church building will be torn down and a new one will be built in its place. This transition will be a time of challenge and a time of trial. We have been preparing for this move for a while, and many people are both sad about leaving our current home and excited about our new home. I know in my four years here I have accumulated a lot of memories in that building, and I can't begin to imagine what this experience is like for people who have been here for much, much longer. However, our congregation has been in constant prayer about this change, and we know God will guide us as we continue to move forward in our ministry.
With this blog, I hope to provide updates on the progress of the new church building, both through words and pictures. I also plan on posting memories of the old church building.
Thanks for reading, and keep us all in your prayers during this stressful but joyous experience.
-Matthew
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great idea to keep a living diary of events. As you say, it will be a time of joy and trial. At least we can look back in a few short months and know that that the effort, pain and sacrifice was worth it.
ReplyDeletePeg Werline